1.1 This European Standard specifies the safety requirements for:
- conveying machines;
- spraying machines;
- placing machines;
- delivery line systems
for concrete and mortar as defined in the definitions in 3.3 to 3.6.
The machinery can be stationary or mobile.
This European Standard does not cover:
- machines that are mobile during conveying, spraying and placing;
- cabins for any machines covered by this standard;
- additional functions beyond conveying, spraying and placing concrete and mortar, e.g. separate mixing function or crane function;
- requirements for operation in tunnels;
- support structures (i.e. tower systems) not exclusively designed for the use with concrete distribution booms.
This European Standard does not establish the additional requirements for operation subject to special rules (e.g. potentially explosive atmosphere, supply by electrical networks where voltage, frequency and tolerance differ from those of the public supply, earthquake, lightning, using on public roads).
1.2 This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to conveying, spraying and placing machines when they are used as intended and under the conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4). This European Standard specifies the appropriate technical measures to eliminate or reduce risks arising from the significant hazards during transportation, assembly, dismantling, disabling, scrapping, operation and maintenance.
1.3 This European Standard is not applicable to machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.