Lifting Equipment (Edition 2017)
This NORSOK standard is valid for technical requirements to lifting appliances and lifting accessories on all fixed and floating installations, mobile offshore units, barges and vessels, as well as on land based plants where petroleum activities are performed. This standard is also valid for material handling and the following equipment:
- Launching and recovery appliances for life saving equipment, with and without lifting function;
- Means of connection and release systems that are integrated parts of life saving equipment, as well as their anchorage in the life saving equipment;
- Portable units;
- Foundations and suspensions for lifting appliances;
The 2017 edition reflects updates to correct errors in the 2012 edition. The standard was improved in some areas with simplified approaches in the design phase to save cost and time without compromising on the safety aspects.
- Unreasonable requirements have been moderated or deleted.
- Missing requirements have been added.
- Editorial misprints have been corrected and ambigious wording has been rephrased.
- Missing definitions have been added.
- The list of references has been revised.
Additional requirements: ConocoPhillips