Well integrity in drilling and well operations (2021)
This NORSOK standard defines the minimum functional and performance requirements for well barriers through the life cycles of wells.
The technical changes in the 2021-edition can be summarised as follows:
- Defined premises fo Perforate, Wash and Cement well plugging method.
- Defined premises for section milling and cementing annulus.
- Defined premises for experience based reduced requirement for P&A cement plug testing
- DNVGL-RP-A203 is adopted as the normative process or qualification of new technology.
- The chapter covering Managed Pressure Drilling and Underbalanced operations is significantly expanded, also including MPD from MODU.
- Defined premises for accepting creeping formation as a barrier element.
- Defined premises for accepting other than cement as barrier material.
- Updated Well Barrier Schematics. Some new ones, the numbering maintained for deleted ones.
- Updated format to comply with ISO document standard:
- This has led to a change in chapter numbering.
- EAC tables are now listed in a new appendix C, maintaining original table numbering.
- Figures and tables are numbered in sequence through the document. (except EAC tables)
- Updated references to normative standards.
- Updated BOP equipment test requirements, but maintained the 14-days test interval.