Design of steel structures (2021)
The design principles in NORSOK N-004 follow the requirements in NORSOK N-001 “Integrity of offshore structures” (and NS-EN ISO 19900 “General requirements for offshore structures”). The document is applicable to all type of offshore structures made of steel with a specified minimum yield strength less or equal to 500 MPa.
The technical changes in revision 4 of this document can be summarised as follows:
- New formulations in Annex B on grouted pile-sleeve connections (former Annex K).
- New criterium and guidance for fracture mechanics assessments.
- Annex C for ship-shape units is re-written (former Annex L).
- Former Annex A is replaced by a reference to DNVGL-RP-C204, Structural design against accidental loads.
- Annex A is Commentary to main body (and commentary to Annex D), moved from main part of document.
- Annex D and Annex E are renumbered (former Annex M and Annex N).
- Various corrections and updates both to the main parts and to the other Annexes.