This NORSOK standard is applicable for preparation and optimisation of maintenance activities for plant systems and equipment including
- offshore topside systems,
- sub-sea production systems,
- oil and gas terminals.
The systems involving the following types of equipment:
- mechanical equipment;
- static and rotating equipment;
- electrical equipment.
Excluded from the scope of this NORSOK standard are
- load bearing structures,
- floating structures,
- risers and pipelines.
In principle, all types of failure modes and failure mechanisms are covered by this NORSOK standard.
This NORSOK standard covers
- definition of relevant nomenclature,
- brief description of main work flow related to maintenance and which elements this typically involves,
- definition of risk model and failure consequence classes,
- guidelines for consequence classification, including
- functional breakdown of plants and plant systems in MFs and sub functions,
- identification of MF and sub function redundancy,
- assessment of the consequences of loss of MFs and sub functions,
- assignment of equipment to sub functions and associated consequence classes
- description of how to establish an initial maintenance programme, and how to update an existing programme,
- description on how to use the classification in combination with probability for decision making related to prioritising work orders and handling spare parts.
Additional requirements: ConocoPhillips (Consequence Analysis) ConocoPhillips (Program Development)